Harauski (Goravsky, Horawski), Apalinary (Apollinaris)
(1833, Uborki estate of Ihumen (Cherven) district in Minsk guberniya (now Biarezino district in Minsk region) – 1900, Kirillovichi estate in St. Petersburg guberniya)
A painter of landscapes and portraits.
He studied at Brest-Litovsk cadet corps. A famous Russian architect N. Benois contributed to his enrolment to St. Petersburg Academy of Arts (1850–1854). The landscape ‘Swamp’, created by A. Harauski in his first years of studying (1852), interested the Academic Council and was purchased by the heir of the Russian throne for his private collection. Apalinary Harauski was granted pension for studying abroad from 1855 to 1860. For his graduate work ‘The View in Pskov guberniya’ A. Harauski was awarded a great gold medal.
In 1860–1880 the artist lived in Uborki moving to St. Petersburg for winter where he taught at the School of Art at the Society for Encouraging Fine Arts.
Over 40 artist’s works are in the collection of the National Art Museum of the Republic of Belarus.